Friday, November 8, 2013

Silent conversation: pranks and bullying

Pranks cross the line when another person feels unsafe, that's when they become bullying. The only way to know is if the person getting pranked speaks up and tells the instigator to stop because they are feeling insecure.

My friends and I pull pranks on each other and others all the time. I guess I may have done a couple that went too far, but I never felt regretful unless the person was actually felt unsafe or bullied, but other then that I didn't care, usually cause we don't prank people who can't handle it.

I don't think the NFL should have to monitor bullying in locker rooms or anything along the lines of that, locker room and team behavior is the coaching staffs job, to make sure that their team is working well together.

8 comments:

  1. I'd have to agree with what you say in all three of your responses because I can speak from experience how I don't regret any of the pranks I've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with all three of you comments. He should have spoken up first to incognito, the team or even the coach before just quitting and hurting his team like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work big boy, however, you sometimes take your pranks to far an hurt my feelings. ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with both of you about not regretting pranks. I also agree with Ben on how it is silly to have the NFL monitor locker rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you Ben on the part where you said that you don't prank people that can't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that he should of spoken up and told Incognito that he was feeling bullied.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have to agree with what you say in all three of your responses because I can speak from experience how I don't regret any of the pranks I've done

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with your first two paragraphs, a prank shouldn't make a person feel insecure. But in your last paragraph, I think that they should monitor the harassment in the locker rooms if it's getting so bad that teammates have to leave. I think that they should be able to feel safe in that environment.

    ReplyDelete