Sunday, November 3, 2013

Silent conversation: social monitoring by schools

I firmly believe schools should not be allowed to spy and collect data on students social media, and other devices. I believe it is violation of privacy and those who breach this should be punished. Also if this happens to be legalized and spying is allowed then I don't believe school should be able to use data they collected to punish students unless they act upon the words they spew on the Internet. There is a difference between saying your going to beat the crap out of a kid, and actually following through with it. Schools need to go back to the old ways where they watch over us in school and stop the surveillance once we leave.

5 comments:

  1. I like your take on this Ben. It really is an invasion of privacy. I think the schools are trying to stop the bullying that goes on in the social media world. Not so much monitor their web searches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben I agree with you withing school walls they can monitor us because that's there policy and they're supposed to keep us safe, however once we leave we're on our own

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I agree with you completely. The school needs to have some way to look at stuff on our iPads.

    ReplyDelete