Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Lineage

How much control do you think you have over your fate?

I would like to believe that I can accomplish anything, that I control my own destiny wholeheartedly, that in some way the fate of my life is in my hands. While thinking this though, a small part of my conscious banters to itself, what if something else is controlling your fate? What if your life has already been planned out and you just have to follow the cue cards of life? So therefore I am uncertain if I have full control of my life, or none at all.

Do you feel your fate is already predetermined by your lineage — your parents and ancestors? Or do you feel you are in the driver’s seat in determining your own success?

I believe that my families lineage plays a role in my fate, the fact that both my grandparents were and are well off allowed my parents to have better portions of life, for example a good place to live and a college education. Therefore since my parents were able to afford a education I believe it set them up for a better life, which in turn may perhaps set me up with the necessities to follow in their footsteps and have a successful life too.


Do you think you will be better or worse off than your parents? In what ways? Why?

I believe I will be worse off then my parents for a time, because of the fact of how much the world has changed in the job market since then. My dad and mom grew up with competitive attitudes which in turn made them ambitious people, while I on the other hand feel no pressure to figure out what I want to do on life which will surely be a problem later on.

11 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said, but do you believe in fate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was deep... I liked how you used bantering, well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written and inspiring. You're a combination of Ernest Hemingway and Charles Bronson. I wish you success in life and I hope you make millions someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You brought up some great points

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well written, you stud. Also, you're definitely going to be worse off than your parents because they're smart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with what you said about your parents' lineage playing a role in your own fate. You have opportunities that not everyone has, and so you will fare better with a college education. It's interesting that you think you will be worse off than your parents- your reasons are sadly accurate (bad job market) but that may improve by the time you graduate college. Don't get discouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben I like your points all of them. You sir are truly a word smith. And I agree with your point of being worse of than your parents for awhile the job market has changed a lot

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like now you brought up job markets and how it's really changed since our/your parents grew up. But I also think that it's changed for the best in some ways, how much more accepting some places are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how easy going you are, be easy. And don't worry umaine is working on your acceptance letter right now ��

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really speak your mind in these answers you wrote. I agreeing how your fate lies in your hands

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really stayed a very good point on and maybe something else is controlling your fate. And I agree with Miss Levitt on you really speak your voice well.

    ReplyDelete