Thursday, March 13, 2014

Adam Brobst is not pledging to a fraternity

Do you want to join a fraternity or sorority? Why or why not?

The only reason I can picture joining a fraternity would be to get to live in a sweet mansion, other then that I don't see and positive benefits that would help with my college life.

What do you think fraternities could do to police themselves? Is what Sigma Alpha Epsilon doing enough?

The best way to police a wild group like a fraternity is to have a strong leadership system which is respected, so when punishments are handed out, they are taken seriously.

What do you think would be lost if there were no fraternities on college campuses? What might be gained? Would banning fraternities substantially lessen problems like sexual violence and alcohol-fueled injuries and deaths on college campuses or not?

I believe the only thing lost if fraternities were banned from college would be their parties, other then that I don't see the point of a fraternity unless you're Ryan Camp and have to tell everyone about it.


7 comments:

  1. I thought this was a terrific article. You answered the questions with such thought and love. I hope you have great success in college and I'll be seeing you a lot next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the only good thing about being in a fraternity group, to live in a mansion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of just chilling in the mansion because there really isn't anything that great about frats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben I really like your point of having strong leadership. It's like a tree if you have a strong trunk, you'll have strong branches. You're a smart kid Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I agree with your deep thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sir are a stud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think there is any mansions with Frats living there in Orion Maine. And Adams comment I think changed my life forever.

    ReplyDelete